The United States requests various types of visas for employment, study, family, travel, business, and for a temporary or permanent stay. It´s essential that you know which type you need, depending on why you´re traveling.

Citizens of some countries do not need a visa to go to the United States, this is certainly due to the Visa Waiver Program. Unfortunately, this does not apply to any Latin American country except Chile. It indeed applies to citizens that have dual nationality of one of the countries eligible for the ESTA waiver.

Non-immigrant visas in the United States

A non-immigrant visa allows a temporary stay in the United States. They have different categories, and you can request at US Embassies. There are several types of non-immigrant visas for temporary visitors. That is if they are not US citizens or legal permanent residents of the United States.

As we said, the purpose of your trip and other facts will determine the type of visa that you will require. According to immigration laws in the United States. It is essential to have clarity regarding the purpose of your trip to get an adequate non-immigrant visa. Visa USA Now will guide you through the necessary steps to apply for a visa at a United States Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Check the list below to find information on all types of US visas that you can process to enter the United States of America.
  • Athletes, amateurs & professionals (that compete only for monetary prizes) B-1
  • Au pairs (exchange visitor) J
  • Australian Professional Specialty E-3
  • Border Crossing Card: Mexico BCC
  • Business Visitors B-1
  • Crew members D
  • Diplomats and officials of foreign governments A
  • Domestic employees or nanny who must accompany a foreign employer B-1
  • Employees of an international organization, and NATO G1-G5, NATO
  • Exchange Visitors J
  • Foreign military personnel stationed in the United States A2, NATO1-6
  • Foreigners with extraordinary skills in Science, Arts, Education, Business or Sports O
  • Professionals of a free trade agreement (FTA): Chile, Singapore H-1B1
  • Internationally cultural exchange visitors Q
  • Employees transferred between companies L
  • Visitors for medical treatment B-2
  • Journalists I
  • NAFTA Professional Workers: Mexico, Canada TN/TD
    Nurses who come to areas with a lack of professional healthcare H1-C
  • Athletes, artists or entertainers that are going to perform P
  • Doctor J, H-1B
  • Teacher (exchange visitor) J
  • Religious workers R
  • Specialized occupations requiring specialized knowledge H-1B
  • Students: academic, vocational F, M
  • Temporary Farmers H-2A
  • Seasonal workers carrying out seasonal work H-2B
  • Visitors for tourism, pleasure or vacations B2
  • Training in a program not primarily for employment H-3
  • Traders or investors in treaties E
  • Transiting the United States C
  • Victim of criminal activity U
  • Victim of human trafficking T
  • Nonimmigrant (V) Visa for Spouse and Children of a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) V
  • Information from the Directory of Visa Categories from the US Department of State
B1/B2 visa category

The B1/B2 visa category is among the most requested, known as a tourist visa. This is the visa category our company Visa USA Now specializes on. With this kind of visa, you can visit on vacation, visit your family or friends. You can also attend a business meeting, participate in work training. Or have medical treatment, or develop missionary labor. If you wish to take a short recreational course, with an intensity fewer than 18 hours per week, you can do so.

Visa for students or scholars

We also specialize in student visas, fill out a form here, and let´s get started today. These visa categories are for those who yearn to study in the United States. Individuals wishing to study in an academic program such as a university or an intensive English institute must apply for an F visa.

But if you want to do a non-academic, vocational study, such as a painting, gastronomy or writing, you must apply for an M visa. For most Latin American countries, this visa lasts for a maximum of five years. It depends on the duration of the program.

J-1 Visa for exchange programs

Authorities grant this type of visa to applicants whose primary purpose is to have an exchange program to the United States. Millions of people go to the US to have meaningful experiences, both in education and culture.

Among the exchange programs are: working as an Au Pair, as a summer camp counselor. Also as a temporary student in a university or transient student in a secondary school. Some programs are of interest for distinguished people of governments or international visitors. Doctors, bilingual teachers, professors, researchers, and fellows.

Start Application

Why Our Customers Love Us

  • Live English and Spanish language 24/7 support
  • Full preparation for your one-on-one interview (including mock interview)
  • Secure encryption to submit and pay your application and services
  • Reviewed by immigration attorneys
  • Translation services
  • Step By Step, easy to understand processes
  • 98.7% Success Rate